Your resume came to me through one of our partners and we would like to set an appointment to meet with you. At Advantage Associates California, we help build relationships to assist senior executives and managers find the best jobs in the San Jose area. We steward our clients careers, maximizing their earning potential and job satisfaction.I immediately became suspicious:
We provide unique tools and technology that assist our clients in identifying and pursuing the best career opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, please reply to email@example.com and attach the most current version of your resume and we will call you to set a time to meet.
If you would like to be removed from receiving any more emails, please reply back with unsubscribe in the subject line.
- Who are they and where did they get my personal address?
- Why would anyone serious sign with just his first name?
- Why is the company called "Advantage Associates California", yet the address says "execcareerhunt.com"?
- Why does the last line offer the opportunity to "unsubscribe" - like any other spam email?
- Finally, the domain execcareerhunt.com does not return any HTML page.
Bottom line: Beware unsolicited email (and Nigerian dignitaries who would like to share their ill-gained profits with you ).
Important note: while GMail didn't flag this email as spam, Windows Live Mail did. Good job Microsoft.